When people ask you “what’s your passion”....... How do you react?
Are you someone who has many passions and have to work out which one to talk about?
Do you cringe slightly inside because you really don’t have an answer, but often think you should find one… if only to be able to answer next time someone ask you.
I’ve read numerous books and articles that suggest when you find your passion everything else will miraculously fall in place.
But here’s the question...
- How do you know you’ve found your passion?
- What does it feel like?
- What tells you that this is it?
- Does it suddenly hit you, or does it gradually build over time and one day you realise that actually without knowing it you’ve found something you’re truly passionate about?
And then there’s plans...If you’re like me I’m sure there will have been many plans over the years, some more well thought through than others. Some turn out well, others not so good, and some never even get started.
Here’s the thing I realised this weekend...
I have been passionate about things but, without a plan on how to turn that passion into something specific, it remains a dream. In actual fact it can often become a source of frustration. The more you think about the dream but with no plan to realise it, you get tied in knots just thinking about it.
A plan without passion can be little more than a task list. One that you approach methodically and probably quite productively but does it really excite or inspire you.
However, a passion with a plan or a plan that’s fuelled by a passion... now that’s something to get excited about, that could change lives...
- What’s the plan you want to fuel with passion?
- What’s your passion that would love to have a plan?